Skip to content
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Safe & Healthy Haight?
- Safe and Healthy Haight (SHH) is dedicated to improving the Haight Ashbury community for its residents, merchants, and visitors. SHH goal is simply that the Haight Ashbury should maintain is its eclectic character while providing an environment that is clean and safe. SHH believes the Haight deserves to be a vibrant neighborhood that reflects the positive elements of its rich history.
- How did Safe And Healthy Haight start?
- SHH was formed in July of 2021, when a group of Haight residents were concerned about the opening of a Safe Sleeping Site at 730 Stanyan. The site was opened abruptly with no public notification and little information about the site. SHH voiced concern on how the site would operate, including the issues of site security, site duration, and its impact on the surrounding neighborhood.
- What is the role of Safe & Healthy Haight now?
- SHH continues to take actions to improve the Haight Ashbury neighborhood. This website, along with its Facebook page, enables members to voice neighborhood concerns, coordinate community events, and lead appropriate actions.
- How many members does Safe & Healthy Haight have?
- As of September 2022: 544 members
- How is Safe & Healthy Haight involved in Merchant issues?
- Merchants play a big part in the health of the Haight. Haight merchants’ concerns are the concerns of the whole community. SHH, therefore, supports the Haight Merchants which includes the merchants of Cole Valley.
- How can I join Safe & Healthy Haight?
- Simply click on the ‘Join SHH‘ button on the front page. You will then receive an email with 3 questions. Respond to the email by answering the questions honestly. If you qualify you will become a member.